Powder Coating Canvey Island
Powder Coating is a dry surface treatment, applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. For many applications it’s an effective alternative to liquid and paint treatments.
The process involves immersing the surface in a granulated powder composed of several protective chemicals. Unlike conventional liquid paint which is delivered via an evaporating solvent, powder coating is normally applied electrostatically (with an electric charge). The surface is then cured in a heated drying chamber, which melts the powder and causes it to fuse as a hard, durable surface. A pigment can be added if required.
The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, e.g. household appliances, aluminium extrusions, car wheels, drum hardware and automobile and bicycle parts. Newer technologies allow other materials, such as MDF (medium-density fibreboard), to be powder coated using different methods.
GSL employees have over 20 years experience in the Powder Coating and wet spraying industries. Combined with our practical knowledge and expertise, we maintain ongoing high quality training.
Powder Coating can be used to treat a variety of new and refurbished metal surfaces:
- Galvanised steel
- Stainless steel
- Mild steel
Powder coating must be preceded by thorough cleaning and surface preparation, to remove grease, dirt, old paint and other contaminants. We have the tools, facilities and highly trained staff to carry out the complete end-to-end process in-house at our workshop in Essex.
Metallic, Matt, Semi-Gloss and Glass finishing.
Polyester (out of door use) and Epoxi Polyester (indoor use). Literally hundreds of colours are available.
Advantages of Powder Coating
- Smooth surface finish without drips or beading
- Excellent heat, corrosion, rust and chemical resistance
- Forms a hard, protective coating that safeguards against impact damage
- Cost-effective – powdered materials are generally cheaper than liquids
- Quick turnaround – powder coating can be completed in less time than liquid alternatives
- Environmentally friendly – powders are contained within a treatment chamber and are not evaporated during the process. No VOCs or harmful chemicals are released during coating or curing
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of special effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
- Powder coating is a lot more durable than most conventional wet sprayed coatings.
Powder Coating Canvey Island - Enquire Now
Powder coating Canvey Island
Please 01277 352895
ISO 9606 Fusion Welding
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Policy
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Assurance